Happy Fall Y’all!
I love fall.
Mostly because it means its my birthday (hooray)- but also because after living through another humid, sticky, I need to shower 6 times a day Florida summer, its nice to finally get that break and enjoy the weather outside.
And soup. Fall to me means leggings, cozy socks and a nice hot soup simmering on the stove. So what if its only 70 degrees outside, I can pretend to be super cold sitting on my couch with all of those things I mentioned above.
This is the soup Im picturing. Thick, creamy cauliflower soup with a hint of sweetness from sautéed onions and pears.
Best part about this is you just add some chicken stock, season with salt and let the pot do the work. Blend it all together and you’re done!
So super easy, you’ll be back on that couch in no time!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large sweet onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 12oz bags fresh cauliflower florets or 3 small heads cauliflower cored
- 2 large Bartlett pears, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 32oz box chicken stock or 4 cups homemade chicken stock
- Salt to tast
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large heavy bottomed pot.
- Add the onions and salt and sauté until translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the cauliflower florets and stir to mix in. Sauté 5 mins more.
- Add in the pears and again mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cook for about 5 minutes stirring once or twice to make sure the bottom doesn't burn.
- Add in the chicken stock, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 25 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until creamy. Season to taste.