I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been in this position right now, being all like YAYAYAYAYAY I’m finally starting my blog (which by the way I had designed 2 years ago this July) and then get frustrated because I actually have no idea how to do this, or distracted because I need coffee, lunch, a snack, some chocolate, or to finish watching the episode of Will & Grace that I have playing for background noise.
Well today my friends is the day. While I still have most of those above distractions, IM GOING TO GET THIS DONE TODAY and what better way to start this thing off than with the uber trendy and magical UNICORN CAKE!!!!
Shoot, ok now I have to figure out how to insert a picture. Gimme a sec.
Hooray, I did it!
This cake has to be one of the most fun cakes Ive done ever! Even better because it was for one of my besties who is turning 30 in just a few days. With all the one year old cake smashes that I do, we thought it would be hilariously funny to do a dirty 30 cake smash and we were 100% right. Unicorn was the obvious theme, bc well duh, who doesn’t love a unicorn!
First we got this party started with some classic blue bottle Bartenura (day drinking at its finest).
Isn’t she pretty?
Then we moved on to the cake.
Wash it down.
And the Grand Finale:
You did it!!!!!
HAPPY DIRTY 30 to this girl!
Thank you for being just as crazy as me wahooo!
And because this is my most favorite cake to make, Im sharing the recipe with you all. Its my vanilla go to, easy peasy, one bowl recipe and major crowd pleaser!
- 4 Eggs
- 1 yolk
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup rice or soy milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray or line two 9 inch round cake pans (I like bakers joy)
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, yolk, oil and sugars
- Mix well until incorporated
- Add flour slowly and mix
- Add baking powder and salt
- Slowly add in milk, while continuing to stir to combine.
- Add in vanilla.
- At this point you can pour the batter into pans and bake or you can add in ¾ cup sprinkles to turn it into funfetti cake (!!!!)
- Evenly pour the batter into the pans and bake for 30- 35 mins
- Cool, frost, EAT