Fancy. Festive. Fabulous.
Actually only two of those are true. This chicken looks fancy but is a cinch to make!
5 ingredients mixed together in a bowl, topped with some citrus and voila. People will think you slaved over it all day and then you can laugh and laugh about it to yourself in the kitchen.
I cook a lot every weekend for shabbat and am always looking for new and different flavors to try because I get bored easily, and also tend to make the same things over and over again. Then I had a a potluck meal once, and a friend told me she started putting beer on her chicken as part of a marinade (thanks aliza), and now it is literally my go to.
Don’t know what to start your chicken marinade with? Beer. Not sure what goes well with that roast your gonna make? Beer. Having a long hard day, with children screaming in your face? Also beer.
Beer. Apparently thats the answer to all my questions and problems these days, but lets also shout out wine and chocolate to the 3rd above problem.
Back to the chicken though.
Super simple easy marinade of a lager beer, pomegranate syrup (or juice, you can sub if you want), orange juice, honey and olive oil. Marinate the chicken for an hour, or don’t at all, but you probably should for better flavor, slice an orange and bake.
An hour later you have a a feast for your eyes and your tummy. The orange comes out all dried and crispy,and the chicken is juicy, and tender with that hint of citrus.
To serve garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds and lay it on a tray of parsley and you can call yourself fancy with a capital F.
- 8-10 bone in skin on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt to taste
- 8 oz Stella Artois or other similar lager
- ⅓ cup pomegranate syrup
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 orange sliced thin
- Handful of pomegranate seeds
- Parsley for garnish
- Place chicken in a roasting pan and season with salt.
- Mix the beer, pomegranate syrup, orange juice, honey, and olive oil in a medium bowl.
- Pour over the chicken and marinate in the fridge at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove chicken from fridge. Thinly slice an orange and place one slice over each chicken piece.
- Spray the chicken and orange slices with pam or olive oil.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour, then raise the temperature to 425 degrees and bake 5-7 more mins.
- Garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds and parsley.