This cauliflower pear soup is so rich and delicious, plus it uses only 5 main ingredients! It’s the perfect soup for a cozy fall night.
I love fall.
Mostly because it means its my birthday (hooray)- but also because after living through another humid, sticky, I need to shower 6 times a day Florida summer, its nice to finally get that break and enjoy the weather outside.
Fall to me means leggings, cozy socks and a nice hot soup simmering on the stove.
So what if its only 70 degrees outside, I can pretend to be super cold sitting on my couch with all of those things I mentioned above.
And soup. This cauliflower pear soup to be exact.
It’s full of my favorites veggie- cauliflower. I can seriously eat it roasted, mashed, riced, or pureed any day!
Thick, creamy, and with a hint of sweetness from sautéed onions and pears, this soup is quickly becoming my new go to.
Best part about this is you just add some chicken stock, season with salt and let the pot do the work.
Blend it all together and you’re done!
You can even make this creamier by adding in a can of coconut cream, but I tend to just leave it as is.
This cauliflower pear soup is so super easy to make, you’ll be back on that couch in no time!
For more easy weeknight dinners, check out these recipes:
Cauliflower Pear Soup
This cauliflower pear soup is so rich and delicious, plus it uses only 4 main ingredients! It’s the perfect soup for a cozy fall night.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 8-10 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Puree
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large sweet onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 12oz bags fresh cauliflower florets or 3 small heads cauliflower cored
- 2 large Bartlett pears, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 32oz box chicken stock or 4 cups homemade chicken stock
- Salt to tast
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large heavy bottomed pot.
- Add the onions and salt and sauté until translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the cauliflower florets and stir to mix in. Sauté 5 mins more.
- Add in the pears and again mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cook for about 5 minutes stirring once or twice to make sure the bottom doesn’t burn.
- Add in the chicken stock, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 25 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until creamy. Season to taste.
You can add a can of coconut cream to make this ultra creamy and still dairy free.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 342mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: omg
Keywords: cauliflower pear soup, cauliflower soup, easy cauliflower soup, quick cauliflower soup, easy soup, creamy cauliflower soup, cauliflower pear, fall soup, cozy fall soup, hearty soup, delicious cauliflower soup, puree cauliflower soup