Indulge in a rich and velvety Chocolate Glaze that is so quick and easy to make you won’t believe it doesn’t require any cooking! Ready in just 2 minutes, this icing is made with cocoa powder and is perfect for when you need a quick and decadent finishing glaze for your favorite baked treats.
Get ready to take your baked goods to the next level with this delicious and simple no-cook quick chocolate glaze! This recipe is perfect for those who love the rich and indulgent flavor of chocolate and need a finishing touch to their favorite desserts.
This velvety glaze brings a decadent deep chocolate flavor as a topping to desserts like Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake, Banana Bundt Cake, or a moist Chocolate Bundt Cake. As a professional baker, I can tell you there is no end to the possibilities of this topping. Use it to drizzle over cupcake recipes, or on top of marble loaf cake!
The beauty of this no-cook quick chocolate glaze is how easy it is to make with no expert baking skills required. All you need is unsweetened cocoa powder, powdered sugar, vanilla, and cream or milk. Stir until the glaze is smooth and creamy, then drizzle over your favorite baked goods. It’s that simple!
You can make this icing as thin or thick as you like by learning how to thicken frosting quickly. If you are always looking for easy glaze recipes then check out this caramel glaze, and this easy lemon glaze!
WHY YOU SHOULD MAKE THIS RECIPE
- It’s so easy to make that you can whip it up in just 2 minutes!
- The rich and velvety texture of this glaze will satisfy even the most intense chocolate cravings, making it perfect for any chocolate lover.
- Elevate any chocolate dessert with this easy icing.
- Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – The main ingredient for this recipe, providing a rich and chocolatey flavor as well as a rich brown color.
- Powdered Sugar – Used to sweeten the glaze while also helping to create a smooth and creamy texture.
- Vanilla Extract – Added to enhance the flavor of the chocolate and balance out the sweetness of the powdered sugar.
- Cream or Milk – Used to thin out the glaze and make it pourable, as well as to add richness and creaminess to the overall flavor.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE GLAZE
Combine the dry ingredients: Using a fine mesh sieve, sift the cocoa powder and powdered sugar into a medium-sized bowl.
Whisk until smooth: Add the vanilla extract and cream or milk to the bowl and whisk until all of the ingredients are fully combined.
Glaze and enjoy: Drizzle the glaze immediately over your favorite desserts and enjoy!
TIPS FOR RECIPE SUCCESS
- Make sure to sift the cocoa powder and powdered sugar before whisking them together. This will help to prevent any lumps in the glaze and create a smooth and even texture.
- Use a whisk to combine the ingredients rather than a spoon or fork, as it will help to create a lighter and airier glaze that’s easier to drizzle.
- If your glaze is too thick, add a little more cream or milk, one teaspoon at a time, until you reach your desired consistency.
- To prevent the glaze from drying out while you’re working with it, cover it with a damp paper towel or plastic wrap until you’re ready to use it.
STORAGE AND FREEZING
To store the no-cook quick chocolate glaze, transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Before using it, let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften it.
Freezing is not recommended as the texture of the glaze may change significantly when thawed.
What is the best kind of natural cocoa powder to use to make chocolate glaze?
When making a chocolate glaze, it’s best to use a natural unsweetened cocoa powder. This type of cocoa powder has a rich and intense chocolate flavor that works well in glazes and other chocolate-based recipes. Some popular brands of natural unsweetened cocoa powder include Hershey’s, Ghirardelli, and Valrhona. While Dutch-processed cocoa powder can also be used in chocolate glaze recipes, it will produce a slightly different flavor and texture than natural cocoa powder.
Can I make this glaze dairy free?
Yes, you can easily make this glaze dairy free by substituting the cream or milk with a vegan alternative, such as almond milk or coconut milk. The texture may be slightly different than if you had used a dairy-based liquid, but it will still have plenty of delicious chocolate flavor.
Does this glaze harden once it’s dried?
This glaze won’t harden completely but will more so crust over leaving an outer crust but still moist when cut into.
MORE WAYS TO ENJOY
- Drizzle it over your favorite Cakes, Brownies, or Cupcakes.
- Serve it with Ice Cream Sandwiches as a decadent topping.
- Dip fresh fruit into the glaze for a delicious snack.
- Spread it on French Toast for an indulgent breakfast treat.
- Use it as a dip for cookies, pretzels, or marshmallows.
No Cook Quick Chocolate Glaze
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder natural, sifted
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp cream or milk
- Sift the ½ cup cocoa powder and 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar into a medium bowl.
- Whisk gently to combine.
- Add the tsp vanilla and 6 tbsp cream or milk.
- Drizzle immediately over a cake or cookies.