This unicorn cake is made using a one bowl vanilla cake recipe. It is the perfect cake recipe for any birthday or celebration!
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been in this position right now, being all like YAYAYAYAYAY I’m finally gonna write my first blog post!
Which by the way I had designed 2 years ago this July, and then got frustrated because I actually have no idea how to do this.
I’ve always gotten so distracted because I would need coffee, lunch, a snack, some chocolate, or to finish watching the episode of Will & Grace that I have playing for background noise.
Well today my friends is the day.
While I still have most of those above distractions, IM GOING TO GET THIS DONE TODAY and what better way to start this thing off than with the uber trendy and magical UNICORN VANILLA CAKE!!!!
Shoot, ok now I have to figure out how to insert a picture. Gimme a sec.
Hooray, I did it!
This cake has to be one of the most fun cakes I’ve done ever!
Even better because it was for one of my besties who is turning 30 in just a few days.
With all the one year old cake smashes that I do, we thought it would be hilariously funny to do a dirty 30 cake smash and we were 100% right.
Unicorn was the obvious theme, bc well duh, who doesn’t love a unicorn!
First we got this party started with some classic blue bottle Bartenura (day drinking at its finest).
Isn’t she pretty?
Then we moved on to the cake.
Wash it down.
And the Grand Finale:
You did it!!!!!
HAPPY DIRTY 30 to this girl!
Thank you for being just as crazy as me wahooo!
And because this is my most favorite cake to make, I’m sharing the recipe for this easy one bowl vanilla cake with you all, plus some tips on how to throw your own cake smash!
How to throw your own dirty 30 cake smash:
- Make sure you have an awesome cake like this one
- Set it up in front of a large wall so you have some sort of back drop
- Hang something fun from it! Like these fun streamers
- Wear a ridiculous tutu
- Have fun!
This post contains affiliate links which means if you purchase something from one of these links, I get a small commission at no extra cost to you! That’s right you’re helping me make that money, so thank you!!
Unicorn One Bowl Vanilla Cake
- 4 eggs large
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup milk or soy milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350° F and spray two 9 inch round cake pans with baking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl- combine eggs, yolk, oil, and sugars and mix well until combined.
- Add flour in slowly and mix on low speed.Add baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add in milk, and vanilla and continue mixing until a smooth batter forms, about 30 seconds- 1 min.
- Evenly pour the batter into the pans and bake for 30- 35 mins. The cake is done when a toothpick is inserted and come sout clean and when the edges are pulling away from the sides and are golden brown.
- This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled, just make sure to adjust the time as you may need more if you plan on making larger quantities.
- Double this recipe of you want to bake it into 3 9” pans.
- You can add 1 cup of classic sprinkles to turn this into funfetti cake.