A plum tart that is super easy to make and looks impressive!
This plum tart only looks like you spent all day in the kitchen but it is actually BEYOND easy and includes only a few ingredients!
Plum Tart- Easy and Impressive
Sometimes the simplest things are the best. Like this plum tart. It is only FOUR INGREDIENTS. Did you hear that? FOUR INGREDIENTS is all it takes to make this pretty tart!
How to make this plum tart:
I started off with a defrosted store-bought pie dough because I am not a fan of making my own, and usually when I want a pie dough I want it now and not in two hours after it has chilled. So store bought is fine. You can let it defrost and then re roll it out into your own tart pan.
Or if you want to make your own I would suggest making this one from Sally’s Baking Addiction. Can always count on her recipes to be delicious!
Next all you need are some ripe plums, a sharp knife and a steady hand. Slice the plums into thin slices and try to keep the slices together if you want to line them up nicely like I did.
Arrange them snugly in the pie crust lining them up in clusters horizontally and then vertically. Next drizzle some honey on top and dot the slices with little pieces of butter ( 2 tablespoons total).
Then you bake for 20 minutes on 375° and out comes this glorious looking, EASY AS ANYTHING, impressive plum tart.
How to garnish this tart:
If you want to garnish this tart you can sprinkle on some turbinado (coarse brown sugar) on top and marvel at your handiwork. But that’s gonna take you up to 5 ingredients and I’m not sure if you’re ok with that.
The best thing about this plum tart is that you can pretty much swap out the fruit in this recipe and use the rest of it the exact same way for other fruit. It will work for:
I would not suggest this technique for berries though. And I also would not suggest you freeze it. You can though make this vegan by using a butter substitute and swapping out the honey for agave instead. Really this recipe is so forgiving and super easy to make with impressive results. Just wait for all the ooh’s and ahh’s!
AHH I’m excited for you!
More fruit recipes:
You guys! This post contains an affiliate link which means if you purchase something from that link, I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog!
Plum Tart- Easy and Impressive!
- 1 pre made or store bought pie crust defrosted
- 8-10 ripe plums sliced into ⅛ inch slices, keep slices together!
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons butter cut into small dices
- Turbinado sugar for garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Arrange the plum slices in clusters switching off between horizontal and vertical. They should fit snugly next to each other.
- Drizzle with honey, and dot with butter. Make sure you dot the butter all around to ensure the plums bake well. Bake for 20 minutes until the pie edges are golden brown and the fruit is dried out a little. Garnish with turbinado sugar if you like!