We all hate the word, but here it is: moist pumpkin bread! (sorry)
This moist pumpkin bread with chocolate swirl is for you if you can’t have Nutella- I hear you, I see you, I am you.
If you ever see those nutella swirled recipes and feel like you are missing out because you have a nut allergy- let me tell you- I GET YOU.
It’s so frustrating because it looks so damn good but if you have a nut allergy, well then it’s really really bad.
But there is a light friends! I found this nut free chocolate spread at my local kosher grocery store (it was not $28 but just wanted to show you which one) , you can use something like this if you don’t need it to be kosher- to make this super moist (sorry) pumpkin chocolate bread.
YESSSS now we can be a part of the chocolate swirl everything club!
How to make this moist pumpkin chocolate bread:
First let me say that when making this recipe I use canned pureed pumpkin- not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling has all the pumpkin pie spices added to it, and we all know how I feel about that.
Secondly when you are baking with pumpkin puree, it can get a little tricky because it can alter the texture, moisture levels, and fluffy-ness of your baked goods.
The first time I made this, it came out wayyy too moist, too dense, and had no fluffy bread like texture to it. I took away one egg, changed the baking powder to baking soda, added some oil, and- voila! Super moist but still fluffy pumpkin bread!
It’s a simple recipe really- measure out the wet ingredients in one bowl, the dry ingredients in another. Then pour the wet into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
To make the (optional) chocolate swirl:
I say the chocolate step is optional because the cake will be delicious without it, but chocolate makes everything better, #amiright?
Fill the batter half way up the pan, then drop little teaspoon-fulls of the chocolate spread on top. Take a skewer and just connect the dots, swirling around. There is no method to this- usually I’ll go the long way, then go side to side. Then just fill the rest of the batter on top and repeat the chocolate step!
Tips for keeping the bread moist and fresh:
- Make sure to keep the bread wrapped really well in plastic or store it in an airtight container.
- You can make the bread in advance and freeze until needed.
For more pumpkin recipes check these out:
You guys! This post contains an affiliate link which means that if you purchase something from one of those links, I make a little money honey, at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog!Print
Moist Pumpkin Bread- With Chocolate!
This moist pumpkin bread can be made with or without the chocolate spread, it will be delicious either way! I just think chocolate makes everything better!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 10–12 slices 1x
- Category: desserts
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: american
- Baking spray
- 1+1/4 cup pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 18 teaspoons chocolate spread, separated (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray a loaf pan with baking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl combine the pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla extract, and oil. Whisk to combine well. In a large bowl combine the brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk lightly to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Overmixing will create a tough dense bread!
- Pour half of the batter into the loaf pan and dot with 9 teaspoons of the chocolate spread. Use a skewer to connect the dots dragging it through. Top with the other half of the batter and repeat the chocolate dollops on top. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the edges start to pull away from the pan and the top of the loaf is firm not jiggly.
You can leave out the chocolate and just make pumpkin bread!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 23g
- Sodium: 180mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
Keywords: how to make moist pumpkin bread, pumpkin chocolate bread