This recipe for one bowl brownies is perfect for when you need a chocolate fix stat! These super fudgy brownies come together quickly and have those classic crinkly tops. They make for an easy cleanup too because you only dirty one bowl!
There is just something so comforting about these SUPER fudgy brownies. They have crinkled tops, are warm and gooey, and have just the perfect amount of chew. You can make them in one bowl just like my red velvet brownies!
When I was developing this recipe, it was really important to keep it simple. No extra bowls and separating wet and dry ingredients. I wanted the best one bowl brownie recipe – I tested this recipe 6 times to get it perfect!
This recipe uses both melted chocolate and cocoa powder for a really intense chocolatey flavor. The rest of the ingredients are fairly standard baking pantry staples.
It’s more important to pay attention here to how the ingredients are used.
HOW TO MAKE ONE BOWL BROWNIES
Use your preference of hand mixer, standup mixer, or mix by hand.
- Preheat your oven at 350 F and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper OR spray with a nonstick spray.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave until melted. Don’t go over 90 seconds! Then allow the chocolate to cool for 5 minutes before adding your eggs. (We don’t want chocolate scrambled eggs here!)
- Mix in the sugar and then switch to a spatula to add in the vanilla.
- Now you can add the dry ingredients into the batter. Stir until combined and there are no longer any dry streaks.
- Bake for 25 minutes and allow to cool before diving in. The brownies will cut much easier if you allow them to cool all the way.
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE BROWNIES
How to get crinkly brownie tops
Use a hand or stand mixer and whip the chocolate and egg mixture! The longer you whip the eggs in the chocolate, the lighter the brownie will be and give you that classic crackly top. This also helps to create a taller brownie because of all the air that is getting incorporated into the batter.
Whip the egg and chocolate mixture for 2 minutes on high speed to achieve this perfect texture.
HOW TO ENSURE AN EVEN BAKE
To line the baking pan, cut 2 small strips of parchment paper and line them across the pan. Then, use clips attached to the pan to help the parchment stay in place when pouring the batter. Remove them before baking.
Make sure the brownie batter is evenly distributed so that it bakes evenly.
ADD TOPPINGS AT THE END
If you want to add some extra chocolate chips, chopped nuts or other topping, add to the top before baking.
Doubling the recipe
Double the recipe and bake them in a 9×13″ pan for 30- 35 minutes.
How to make these super fudgy
It’s all about the dry ingredients and bake time! The less flour in a brownie recipe, the more fudgy they will be. This recipe only uses 1/2 cup flour and 1/4 cup cocoa to keep these on the fudgier side.
Bake them for 25 minutes exactly for fudgy brownies and 30 mins for more cakey brownies.
WANT MORE CHOCOLATE RECIPES?
- Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- One Bowl Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Buttercream
- One Bowl Blondies
One Bowl Brownies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 oz chocolate chips about 1 heaping cup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick baking spray. Clamp down the sides of the pan with clips to hold the parchment paper in place.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the 1/2 cup butter and 6 oz chocolate. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time stirring in between until the chocolate is completely melted. Up to 90 seconds total. Let the chocolate cool for 5 minutes.
- Add in 3 eggs and whip using a whisk or the whisk attachment on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the 1 cup sugar and whip again.
- Switch to a spatula and add in 1 teaspoon vanilla mix until combined. Next add in the 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, and 1/2 tsp kosher salt. Mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking pan and bake for 25 minutes for super fudgy brownies. Allow to cool before cutting in to them!