These coffee dessert recipes are for serious coffee lovers! They include cookies, cheesecake, cupcakes and more! Grab a cup of coffee and make one of these easy desserts today.
I’ve had a coffee obsession since I was a kid. No I didn’t drink full cups back then, but what I absolutely loved to do was dunk a chocolate chip cookie into my mom’s coffee. It was just the best. And so began a lifelong obsession.
To bring it full circle I decided to compile a list full of coffee dessert recipes in case you love coffee as much as I do. There are cookies, blondies, frosting, and even cheesecake. So no matter what your favorite dessert is, you can make it coffee flavored from this list! Now let’s get that caffeine buzz!
I love cupcakes because they are basically mini cakes that you don’t have to share. These are made with instant espresso but have a light coffee flavor. The espresso buttercream is insanely good, I was licking the bowl clean! Top them with chocolate covered espresso beans for a coffee match made in heaven.
That buttercream I mentioned above? This is it! It is so good that it will have you licking it from the spoon, no cupcake or cake needed! I use instant espresso for the rich coffee flavor.
I could not stop slicing off pieces of this cheesecake! With its coffee infused graham cracker crust and super creamy filling, you will want to make this over and over again.
With just a few simple ingredients you can make this fluffy coffee buttercream that is the perfect topping to any cake or cupcake. It goes especially well with chocolate cake!
One of my most popular desserts on the blog, and for good reason! These cookies have so much coffee flavor, they are crispy on the outside, and gooey and chocolatey on the inside. My mouth is watering just thinking about these guys!
The inspiration for these came from the cookie above. They were so good I decided to make them into blondies too and I was not disappointed. They are super easy to make and can be made in one bowl too!
So which will you choose to make first? I am on a non stop quest to create more coffee deserts so I will be updating this post as I go, stay tuned!
6 Delicious Coffee Desserts: Espresso Cupcakes & More
- Stand or Hand mixer
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs large
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brewed black coffee warm, can be instant
- 1 tsp instant espresso
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp instant espresso
- 1 tsp milk or cream
- chocolate covered espresso beans optional
Make the Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. In the bowl of a hand or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the 2 cups all purpose flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 tsp kosher salt, 1/4 tsp baking soda, and 1/2 tsp baking powder and mix on low speed.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing In between. Next add In the 1/2 cup vegetable oil. Mix on low- medium speed until combined. About 30 seconds.
- Slowly pour the 1/2 cup milk in. In a measuring cup combine the 1/4 cup brewed coffee and 1 tsp instant espresso and combine. Slowly pour the coffee mixture into the batter. Mix until combined.
- Line a 12 cup cupcake tin with liners and fill only 2/3rd of the way up. Bake for 20-22 minutes until the cupcakes are puffed up and springy in the middle.
Make the buttercream
- In the bowl of a hand or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the 1 cup softened butter and 3 cups confectioners sugar. Mix on low- medium speed for 2 minutes until creamy.
- In a small bowl combine the 2 tsp water with 1 tsp Instant espresso and mix. Turn the mixer on low and add In the coffee and milk. Move to medium speed and mix until creamy and light, 1-2 minutes.
- Frost the cupcakes with the buttercream and top with chocolate covered espresso beans if desired.