These coffee chocolate chip blondies are so easy to make! In 25 minutes, you can have these buttery, delicious bites of coffee heaven ready on your table!
I don’t know what it is that makes me so into it, maybe it’s the fact that I have been consuming it since I was six years old? RELAX — I wasn’t drinking a cup a day, I just remember dunking a sip or two of my mom’s coffee on the weekends. UGH THE BEST.
Anyways, I realized I had no blondie, (or brownie, the horror!) recipes on my site, and immediately wanted to fix that! So instead of starting classic, I started with a fave: coffee chocolate chip blondies!
What is a blondie?
If you’ve never had a blondie before, I’m so sorry. You’ve majorly missed out, but hopefully we can remedy that soon enough.
Essentially, blondies are brownies minus the chocolate. They’re chewy like brownies, but taste more like cookie bars since they’re made with vanilla extract. They’re just as easy to whip up as brownies, but require even less measuring since there’s no chocolate or cocoa powder in them. Win!
What’s in these blondies?
These coffee blondies are made with pantry staples like all-purpose flour, butter, brown sugar, and egg. The standout ingredients in these homemade blondies are the little bit of brewed coffee and ground coffee that are in the batter.
Besides that, there’s nothing out of the ordinary in these amazing chocolate chip blondies!
How to make blondies from scratch
This is why I love blondies. Basically all you do is shove all the ingredients in a bowl, mix to combine, bake in an 8×8-inch pan and have a cup of coffee while you wait for you coffee blondies to be finished.
In the words of Ina Garten, “How easy is that?”
There’s really no rules of mixing when it comes to blondies which makes them the perfect, easy thing to whip up when you’re just in the mood to bake.
You don’t have to worry about using different bowls or separating ingredients. Literally just shove it all in one bowl!
Plus these are seriously delicious. I mean like break your diet, worth every calorie delicious. They are buttery, chewy, and have just the right amount of coffee flavor.
Tips for making these blondies
- You want to use ground coffee or espresso powder in these chocolate chip blondies, NOT instant coffee.
- But if you want to leave out the coffee, you can replace it with vanilla extract instead. It’s ok to leave out the ground coffee too.
- To really amp up the chocolate flavor, use chocolate chunks instead of chips (you’re welcome in advance, btw).
AHHHH omg I just had the BEST idea — dunk one of these guys into your coffee!!
BRB, I gotta go.
Need more chocolate chip desserts?
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Banana Cake
You guys! This post has some affiliate links, which means if you buy something from one of these links, I get a cut at no extra cost to you! That’s right, you are helping me make that money, thank you!
Coffee Chocolate Chip Blondies
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons brewed coffee cooled
- ½ -1 tsp ground coffee or espresso powder, not instant coffee, depending on how you like the taste
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 4 oz about ¾ cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with non stick baking spray or line it with parchment paper overlapping on the sides.
- In a medium sized bowl mix the butter, and sugar until combined, then add in the egg and coffee ingredients.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips and mix until combined well.
- Pour into baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the edges and top are golden brown in color.