This post might have affiliate links, please check out my full disclosure policy.
These triple chocolate brownies are made with three different types of chocolate. They’re rich, fudgy, and decadent! This easy dessert can be made in one bowl and can be ready in 30 minutes!
These triple chocolate brownies are not like other brownies, they are top-of-the-line fudgy brownies. Why? because they are made with THREE different types of chocolate that add layers of chocolatey flavor, making them one decadent dessert!
They are also super easy to make. They can easily be made in one bowl, and ready in about 30 mins. As a trained pastry chef, I love a super easy yet amazing desserts! If you want to take them over the top you can frost them with this 5 minute brownie frosting. Seriously, it’s the best dessert for chocolate lovers!
Brownies are always my got o dessert to bring to a potluck or a friends house. I love making these red velvet brownies, brownies with cream cheese frosting, or even these amazing brownie cookies!
If you want to make a kids day try these homemade cosmic brownies or even these birthday brownies!
WHY YOU SHOULD MAKE THIS RECIPE
- They come together QUICK! These easy brownies require simple ingredients you may already have on hand and come together in one bowl!
- They are FUDGY! I’ve tested these brownies many times to ensure they are perfectly fudgy. And trust me, they are! These are not your cakey brownies, these are fudgy, chocolatey, and delicious!
- They have lots of CHOCOLATE FLAVOR! These brownies are made with three different types of chocolate. This combination creates a rich and fudgy brownie that is perfect for any chocolate lover.
- Butter – Helps temper the chocolate as it’s melted while adding a smooth, rich and buttery flavor.
- Chocolate Chips – A mix of semi-sweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips make the perfect creamy chocolate combined with a hint of bitter dark chocolate flavor.
- Granulated Sugar – Sweetens up the base of the brownie.
- Eggs – Binds all ingredients together while contributing to their rich, fudgy texture.
- Vanilla Extract – Adds a fragrant note of vanilla throughout the brownie.
- Flour – Makes up the base of the brownie, which gives it a classic dense texture while staying fudgy.
- Cocoa Powder – Blends in with the dry ingredients to enhance the dark chocolate color and flavor.
- Salt – Helps balance out the sweetness in the brownies.
HOW TO MAKE QUICK AND EASY FUDGY BROWNIES
Prepare for baking: Preheat the oven to 350° F and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
Melt the chocolate: In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the 1/2 cup butter, 3 oz semi-sweet chocolate, and 3 oz milk chocolate Microwave for 30 seconds at a time stirring in between until the chocolate is completely melted. Let the chocolate cool for 5 minutes but not all the way!
Whip the sugar and eggs: Add in 3 eggs and 1 cup of sugar and whip using a stand mixer on high speed for 3 minutes. If you want crackle tops you must whip on high for the full 3 minutes. Switch to a spatula and add in 1 teaspoon vanilla mix until combined.
Add the dry ingredients: Add in the flour, cocoa powder, and kosher salt. Mix until just combined.
Bake, cool, and enjoy: Pour the batter into the lined baking pan and bake for 25 minutes for super fudgy brownies. Allow them to cool. Cut into 16 squares.
Best way to cut even brownies
- Start with a large sharp chefs knife and cut the brownies down the middle. Make sure to wipe the blade every time you make a cut so the knife is clean.
- You now have two equal parts. Cut those both vertically again down the middle.
- Turn the brownies and repeat the process so you are cutting them in half and then in half again.
- You should have 16 equal brownies!
TIPS FOR RECIPE SUCCESS
- For crackle brownies tops you must whip the chocolate, sugar, and egg mixture on medium-high speed for the full 3 minutes. This incorporates lots of air into the batter which will result in the crinkle tops!
- The easiest way to melt chocolate is by using the microwave, but you must be careful! Chocolate can go from melted to burnt quickly, so make sure to microwave in 30-second increments and stir in between.
- Use good quality chocolate for the best flavor. I like mixing semi-sweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips, but you could use all dark chocolate or all milk chocolate.
- For fudgy brownies, bake for 25 minutes. If you prefer cakey brownies, bake them for 28-30 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool completely before slicing as they will continue to cook and set as they cool.
- If you want more of a crunch, add in some walnuts! You can learn all about how to toast walnuts!
STORAGE AND FREEZING
Storing leftover brownies: Brownies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Freezing brownies: Brownies can be frozen for up to 3 months. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or foil, or store them in a freezer-safe bag. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Do I need to use a mix of semi-sweet and milk chocolate?
Feel free to use your favorite type of chocolate! I like to use a mix of semi-sweet and milk chocolate because it creates a rich and creamy flavor, but you could use all dark chocolate or all milk chocolate.
What is the secret to a fudgy brownie?
These brownies are made without baking powder and only baked for 25 minutes! This results in a more dense and fudgy brownie.
Can I use a different size pan?
Yes! For a 9-inch round cake pan, check after 23 minutes. If you want to make this in a 9×13 pan, double the recipe and check after 35 minutes.
How do I know when brownies are done?
Brownies should be checked with a toothpick inserted into the center. For fudgy brownies, small moist should come off the toothpick. If the toothpick comes out dry, they are more cake like.
WAYS TO ENJOY
There are many ways you can dress up a brownie to make it even more decadent!
- Chocolate Buttercream frosting – This frosting is specifically made for brownies! It has a fudgy dense texture that is perfect for spreading on top of brownies.
- Chantilly Cream – A light, airy whipped cream is the perfect topping for rich and dense brownies.
- Cream Cheese Frosting – Add a tangy kick of sweetness that pairs well with rich chocolate flavor.
- Strawberry Buttercream – Like a chocolate-covered strawberry, adding fruit takes these quick brownies up a notch!
Quick and Fudgy Triple Chocolate Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter 113g
- 3 oz semi sweet chocolate chips about ½ cup 85g
- 3 oz milk chocolate chips about ½ cup 85g
- 1 cup granulated sugar 200g
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour 60g
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder 21g
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick baking spray.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the 1/2 cup butter, 3 oz semi sweet chocolate, and 3 oz milk chocolate Microwave for 30 seconds at a time stirring in between until the chocolate is completely melted. Up to 90 seconds total. Let the chocolate cool for 5 minutes.
- Add in 3 eggs and 1 cup of sugar and whip using a hand mixer on high speed for 3-4 minutes. If you want crackle tops you must whip on high for at least the full 3 minutes.
- Switch to a spatula and add in 1 teaspoon vanilla mix until combined. Next add in the 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, and 1/2 tsp kosher salt. Mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking pan and bake for 25 minutes for super fudgy brownies. Allow to cool before cutting into them!
Leave a comment & rate this recipe