- These deliciously chewy white chocolate oatmeal cookies are stuffed with chunks of white chocolate and then drizzled with a cream cheese glaze. HOLY YUM.
These are not your average white chocolate oatmeal cookies.
White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
These oatmeal cookies are super chewy, stuffed with a boat load of white chocolate, and then topped off with a sweet and tangy cream cheese glaze, because WHY NOT.
Out of all the cookies I created for my holiday cookie gift box, these are the ones that gave me the most trouble.
And by trouble I mean I had to retest them three times and shove them on to my family and friends until they were perfect.
- The first time I made them they spread too much and came out super thin.
- The next time I made them I decreased the sugar amount and upped the flour. Big mistake. They were too chunky, barely spread at all, and basically crumbled when I broke one apart.
- The THIRD TIME I tested them, I thought they needed less oats and a smaller amount of flour but kept the sugar the same amount. Still they spread.
I rolled my eyes and decided I couldn’t deal with this $hit anymore and it was time to regroup.
Baking Soda Vs Baking Powder
That night I did some research and noticed a big difference between the recipe I was using and a bunch of others. No-one uses baking powder in their recipe, only baking soda. Plus they use double the amount of oats I tried.
Intrigued, I went back to the kitchen and baked them one last time (at 11 pm no less) with no baking powder, the same amount of sugar and flour as my original recipe, and doubled the oats.
After chilling and baking, VICTORY WAS MINE.
They were perfect! Not too thin and not too chunky, this time around the cookies had the perfect amount of bite I was looking for. I quickly topped them with some left over cream cheese glaze I had in the fridge and did a happy dance.
I was so excited I brought them to the hospital to visit my best friend who just had a baby (AHHH OMG) and she texted me the next morning saying her doctor tried them and he loved them.
YASSSSS white chocolate oatmeal cookies for the win!
And it only took 4 tries. #worthit
To see the rest of the cookies that I added to my holiday cookie gift box this year and for a how-to on creating your own cookie box, be sure to check out these links below:
- How to Create the Ultimate Cookie Gift Box
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Lemon Coconut Cookies
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Raspberry Lemon Linzer Cookies
- Chunky Cherry Pistachio Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Orange Shortbread Cookies
Chewy White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies with Cream Cheese Glaze
These deliciously chewy white chocolate oatmeal cookies are stuffed with chunks of white chocolate and then drizzled with a cream cheese glaze. HOLY YUM.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 mins including chill time
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 90 minutes
- Yield: 16-18 cookies 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: drop
- Cuisine: american
For the cookie:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup white chocolate, chopped, or about 6 oz.
For the cream cheese glaze:
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Prepare 2 half sheet trays with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter and sugar on low-medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add the eggs one at a time, combining into the mix before adding the next. Add the vanilla extract and continue to mix. You may have to scrape down the sides of the bowl to mix everything together.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and continue to mix until dough forms. Then add in the oats and mix on low till combined.
- Stop the mixer, add the chocolate chunks and mix by hand, so you don’t break up the chunks too much.
- Using an ice cream scooper, or a ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop the dough into even shaped balls and line then up on the sheet trays with about 1” of space in between. Freeze for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F, then bake the cookies for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the chocolate is melty.
- While the cookies are cooling make the cream cheese glaze. In a small bowl, combine all the glaze ingredients and whisk until a smooth runny glaze forms. Drizzle on cooled cookies.
This recipe doubles well!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 319
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 136mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
Keywords: white chocolate oatmeal cookies, chewy white chocolate oatmeal cookies, chewy cookies, no raisin oatmeal cookies, oatmeal cookies, cookies, holiday cookies, white chocolate cookies, chewy oatmeal cookies