These chocolate chip blondies are one of the easiest desserts to bake. They can be made in one bowl, and baked in 30 minutes or less!
Need a quick dessert? Have someone coming over in 30 mins and you don’t know what to make? MAKE THESE:
Chocolate Chip Blondies
Honestly, these are my go to dessert when I need something delicious for a crowd but also something very easy. Who doesn’t like blondies? Especially blondies with melty pools of chocolate chips in them.
These blondies are made from scratch and are thick, chewy, and full of chocolate- no-one can resist!
How to make chocolate chip blondies:
Like I said, ONE BOWL! Make sure the bowl you are using is microwavable though. To start, melt the butter in the bowl and let it cool for 5 minutes. Then add in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk together until combined.
Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined. Then add in the chocolate chips and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula. Spray an 8×8 inch pan with baking spray or line with parchment paper, fill and bake!
If you want to make these dairy free- you can substitute the butter for Earth Balance or another butter substitute and use non dairy chocolate chips
Chewy vs. Cakey:
If you want the blondies on the more chewier side, then bake them for 25 mins. If you want them on more of the cake side- go for the full 28 and up to 30 minutes. These are also especially good when they are warmed up no matter which way you go for!
Can I make these in a 9×13?
You definitely can but they will not be as thick and you will have to adjust the time down to 20 minutes. I suggest doubling the recipe and baking it for 35 minutes instead if you want to make these in a larger pan.
Using other add-ins:
You can definitely use other things to mix into these blondies. Here are some ideas:
- white chocolate chips
- a combination of all three
- toffee bits
- shredded coconut
- basically anything
This recipe is so versatile, you can really bake anything you would in another brownie or other blondie recipe in here. Because honestly what is a blondie anyway? It’s the opposite of a brownie!
Making these ahead:
You can for sure make these guys ahead- I would suggest only a day before if you don’t want to freeze them. A quick 45 seconds-1 minute in the microwave will warm them right up if you want to serve them warm the next day.
Freezing these chocolate chip blondies:
Let the blondies come to room temperature. If you want to freeze them without the pan- turn it upside down so the blondies come out in one piece. Wrap the whole thing in tin foil and then plastic wrap and freeze for up to 2 months. Don’t cut them before freezing!
To freeze these in the pan- follow the same method above but don’t turn them out!
Make sure to defrost the blondies on the counter before cutting them- and save yourself an extra piece, they are that good!
For more easy dessert bar recipes, check these out:
Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs large
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips or other toppings!
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray an 8x8 or 9x13 inch pan with baking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large microwavable bowl melt the butter, then cool for 2 minutes. Add the sugar, eggs, and vanilla, and whisk until frothy and combined well.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix with a spatula or wooden spoon until the batter is thick. Add the chocolate or other toppings and bake. If baking in an 8x8- bake for 25-30 mins depending on how chewy you want the center. Bake less time for chewy and more time for cakey. If baking in a 9x13 bake for 20 minutes for one batch and 30-35 for a double batch.