These creamy and rich Oreo Cheesecake Brownies are a combination of three classic sweet treats! Each bite of these decadent brownies offers a divine combination of a rich chocolatey base, creamy cheesecake layer, and crunchy Oreo cookies for an over-the-top dessert that’s perfect for any occasion!
If you’re a dessert lover like me then you know that cheesecake, Oreos, and brownies are all fantastic on their own, but when they come together, they create a dessert experience that is truly unbeatable! You could really just go ahead and make “plain” Oreo Brownies but why not add another delicious element to them!
And so I bring you these Oreo Cheesecake Brownies! As a professionally trained baker, I LOVE to combine desserts to make completely new ones like these.
Let’s start with the brownie layer, which is the base of my 30 minute one bowl brownies– that just melt in your mouth. Then, there’s the cheesecake layer, which is velvety smooth and creamy, with just the right amount of tanginess from the cream cheese. And finally, we have the Oreo cookies – crunchy, chocolatey, and simply irresistible.
When you combine all of these elements, you get a dessert that’s bursting with flavor and texture! These Oreo cheesecake brownies are easy to make with simple ingredients right at home, even though they look and taste like they came from the fanciest bakery!
For this recipe you’ll need room temperature cream cheese. Make sure to learn how to soften cream cheese quickly to make these asap!
For you Oreo lover’s out there- (It’s me, hi, I’m the problem) don’t miss out on these Oreo Cupcakes or Oreo Red Velvet Cheesecake!
WHY YOU SHOULD MAKE THIS RECIPE
- It’s a perfect combination of three classic desserts – brownies, Oreos, and cheesecake – all rolled into one delicious bite!
- This recipe is easy to make and doesn’t require any complicated techniques or ingredients. You can have this dessert ready in no time, making it the perfect go-to recipe when you’re short on time but still want to impress.
- The recipe is customizable, which means you can make it your own by experimenting with different flavors and ingredients.
- This dessert is perfect for any occasion, from a family dinner to a special event or celebration!
- Unsalted Butter – Makes up the oil base of the brownies, providing moisture, texture, and a rich buttery flavor that adds to the fudginess.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips – They provide a deep chocolate flavor to the brownies along with a rich brown color.
- Granulated Sugar – Sweetens the brownies and adds to the texture by helping to create a crispy crust on the top.
- Large Eggs – Act as a binding agent and provide structure and moisture to the brownies while also contributing to the fudgy texture.
- Vanilla Extract – Adds a subtle but important flavor to the brownies that compliments the chocolate.
- Flour – The main dry ingredient, it provides structure and helps keep all of the ingredients together.
- Cocoa powder – It enhances the chocolate flavor and mixes in with the brownie batter well.
- Salt – Balances the sweetness and enhances the flavor profile of the brownies.
For the cheesecake batter:
- Cream Cheese – It provides the creamy, tangy flavor and smooth texture of the cheesecake.
- Sugar – Sweetens the cheesecake and helps to set it while baking.
- Egg – Acts as a binding agent and helps to set the cheesecake.
- Vanilla Extract – It adds a light fragrant flavor to the cheesecake that complements the Oreos.
- Flour – It helps to thicken the cheesecake batter and contributes to the structure of the dessert.
- Oreos Cookies – They add crunch and a unique flavor to the cheesecake, as well as a pleasing visual element.
HOW TO MAKE OREO CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
Prepare for baking: Preheat the oven to 350° F and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
Melt the butter and chocolate: Add the butter and hard chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals stirring until fully melted.
Add wet ingredients: To the butter and chocolate mixture, add the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Use a whisk to combine the ingredients until evenly distributed.
Add dry ingredients: Using a rubber spatula, add the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix until well combined.
Pour the batter: Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan while you make the oreo cheesecake layer.
Mix the cheesecake: To a medium size bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar, egg, vanilla extract, then flour. Mix with a whisk to ensure everything is evenly distributed, and there are no lumps. Fold in 10 chopped Oreos to the cheesecake layer.
Bake the brownies: Pour the oreo cheesecake layer on top of the brownie layer. Then sprinkle the top with the remaining chopped Oreos spreading with the back of a spoon. Bake for 35 minutes. Then remove and transfer to the fridge to cool and let the cheesecake layer set.
Slice and serve: After the brownies have been chilled for 1-2 hours. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
TIPS FOR RECIPE SUCCESS
- For best results, learn how to soften cream cheese quickly so that it mixes smoothly into the cheesecake batter.
- Use room temperature ingredients for both the brownie and cheesecake batters, as this will ensure they mix together easily and smoothly.
- Be sure not to over-bake the brownie cheesecake, as this will cause it to dry out and lose its fudgy texture. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center, which should come out with a few moist crumbs.
- Let the brownie cheesecake cool for 10 minutes on the counter before transferring it to the fridge to cool completely. This will prevent condensation from forming on the surface of the cheesecake.
- Once the cheesecake has cooled completely, use a sharp knife to cut it into squares, wiping the knife clean between cuts to ensure neat edges.
- Serve chilled for best flavor and texture.
STORAGE AND FREEZING
Storing: Store the leftover brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. This will help them stay fresh and maintain their texture.
Freezing: To freeze, cut them into squares and wrap each square tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Place the wrapped squares in a freezer-safe container or resealable plastic bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
When ready to eat, remove the desired number of brownie squares from the freezer and let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Alternatively, you can thaw them at room temperature for a few hours. The texture of the thawed brownies may be slightly different from freshly baked ones, but they will still be delicious!
Can I use milk chocolate or dark chocolate instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips?
Yes, you can use either milk or dark chocolate chips, but keep in mind that it will affect the sweetness and overall flavor of the brownie cheesecake.
Can I substitute the Oreo cookies with a different type of cookie?
Yes, you can use any type of cookie you like, but keep in mind that it will affect the overall flavor and texture of the brownie cheesecake. Other flavors of Oreos that work well include mint, peanut butter, and strawberry.
Can I double the recipe and make it in a larger pan?
Yes, you can double the recipe and make it in a larger pan, but you will need to adjust the baking time accordingly. Keep an eye on the brownie cheesecake and check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center, which should come out with a few moist crumbs.
Can I use low-fat cream cheese for the cheesecake batter?
While it is possible to use low-fat cream cheese, it may affect the texture and overall flavor of the cheesecake. Full-fat cream cheese is recommended for best results.
Creamy and Rich Oreo Cheesecake Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips about 1 heaping cup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the cheesecake batter
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp flour
- 14 Oreo cookies separated
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick baking spray.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the 1/2 cup butter and 6 oz chocolate. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time stirring in between until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add in the 1 cup sugar, 3 eggs, and tsp of vanilla extract. Mix well with a whisk until combined well.
- Switch to a spatula and add in the 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, and 1/2 tsp kosher salt. Mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking pan and set aside.
- Make the cheesecake batter. In a medium bowl add the 8 oz cream cheese, 1/3rd cup sugar, 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla extract. And 2 tsp flour. Mix well to combine making sure to get rid of all the lumps.
- Roughly chop 10 oreos and add them to the cheesecake batter. Stir gently to combine.
- Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the brownie batter and smooth out with the back of a spoon.
- Chop the remaining 4 Oreo cookies and sprinkle them on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Cool on the counter for 10 minutes then transfer to the fridge to cool completely- about 1-2 hours.
Leave a comment & rate this recipe