This 2 Minute Homemade Vanilla Iced Coffee is the perfect pick-me-up to get your day off to a great start! Its easy and quick to put together and has a sweet vanilla flavor you can easily customize to your own tastes!
With this 2 minute vanilla iced coffee recipe, there’s no need to spend time waiting at a coffee shop when you can make this delicious coffee at home! As a busy professional baker and serious coffee lover, I’ve combined my two obsessions into many coffee recipes!
This time were talking drinks and this recipe for Vanilla iced coffee is up next! Vanilla iced coffee is always a good idea because it blends the sweetness of vanilla with the smooth taste of coffee. It’s a great way to start your morning or perk you up in the afternoon!
There are just four ingredients you will need for this recipe: strong brewed coffee, ice cubes, vanilla simple syrup, and half-and-half or cream. And it couldn’t be easier to assemble! Just mix the coffee and simple syrup to your liking, pour over ice, then add your desired amount of cream.
In just two minutes, you’ll have a coffee shop style drink that is just as good, if not better than any Starbucks creation for a fraction of the price!
If you are a coffee lover like me don’t miss out on this caramel iced coffee or how to make instant iced coffee at home. For a heartier way to start your day but still get that buzz try this coffee banana smoothie, or this coffee protein smoothie!
WHY YOU SHOULD MAKE THIS RECIPE
- It takes just two minutes to make a coffee shop style creation which saves you time.
- Vanilla iced coffee is a fraction of the price when made at home from scratch.
- You have full control over the ingredients and can sweeten it or add cream to your liking.
- Whether it’s cold brew coffee or even decaf, you can make this drink with your favorite coffee.
- Coffee – You’ll need brewed coffee or cold brew that is already chilled or at room temperature to make this recipe.
- Vanilla Simple Syrup – Adds sweetness to the coffee along with a rich vanilla flavor. You can use store bought vanilla syrup or see below how to make your own.
- Half and Half – Add a creamy texture and taste to the coffee by adding half and half, heavy cream, or your favorite coffee creamer.
- Ice – The liquid gets poured over ice to chill the drink, which makes it fun and refreshing!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE VANILLA ICED COFFEE
Brew and chill the coffee: Brew your favorite coffee or use store-bought pre-made coffee. Make sure it’s chilled or at least at room temperature.
Pour: Pour the coffee into a glass and add the vanilla syrup. Stir to combine.
Add ice and cream: To the glass, add ice to chill the coffee. Pour your favorite cream or coffee creamer into the drink. Give it a stir.
Taste and adjust: Taste the coffee to see if it needs more cream or simple syrup. Serve cold and enjoy!
How to make Vanilla Simple Syrup
This is super simple to make. You just need to boil equal parts water and sugar until its thick and then add vanilla extract to it. Thats it! I have the exact measurements below but as long as its a 1:1 ratio you are good!
- Combine ½ cup water and ½ cup sugar in a small sauce pot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Stir and cook for 5 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved completely and the mixture is now thick.
- Add in 2 tsp vanilla extract and stir.
- Cool and store in the fridge in a jar for up to 3 months!
This recipe makes only 1 serving but you can double or triple it, or make a whole pitcher (count me in!) and keep it in the fridge for a few days!
TIPS FOR RECIPE SUCCESS
- To make a dairy free version of vanilla iced coffee, use almond milk or coconut milk instead of cream.
- You can also add spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom to the coffee for a flavor boost.
- Top with whipped cream for an indulgent treat.
- Any type of brewed coffee can be used in this recipe, including cold brew or even decaf if desired.
STORAGE AND FREEZING
Homemade iced coffee can be mixed and stored without the ice in the fridge for up to 3 days. Add ice when you’re ready to enjoy.
If you’d like to freeze iced coffee, pour the mixture without the ice into ice cube trays. Freeze until solid. To enjoy, let the cubes melt overnight or blend them into a frozen iced coffee with additional milk or cream.
How do I make iced coffee that isn’t watered down?
Make sure to use strong brewed coffee and pour the mixture over ice cubes instead of crushed ice. This will help keep the flavor of your coffee from being watered down.
What type of creamer should I use for this recipe?
You can use any creamer you enjoy. For a rich, creamy flavor, use half-and-half, heavy cream, or coffee creamer. If you’re looking for a lighter version, opt for almond milk, coconut milk, or oat milk.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes! This vanilla iced coffee can be made ahead of time without the ice and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Add ice when you are ready to serve and enjoy.
WAYS TO ENJOY
Vanilla iced coffee pairs well with so many fun baked treats!
- Serve for breakfast with a Coffee Cake Muffin.
- Pairs well with Challah French Toast.
- Enjoy for dessert with a fudgy Triple Chocolate Brownie.
- Add it to a brunch lineup with some Blueberry Lemon Scones.
2 Minute Homemade Vanilla Iced Coffee
- 8 oz cold coffee or cold brew
- 1 tbsp vanilla simple syrup (store bought or homemade)
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tbsp half and half or favorite creamer
- In a tall glass 8-12 oz pour in the cold coffee. This can be home brewed or store bought
- Add in 1 tbsp vanilla simple syrup and stir.
- Next add in 1 cup or more of ice, to your liking.
- Add in 2-4 tbsp half n half or creamer.
- Stir and enjoy!
- Combine ½ cup water and ½ cup sugar in a small pot. Stir and bring to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer until the mixture is thick, about 5 minutes.
- Add in 2 tsp of vanilla extract and stir.
Leave a comment & rate this recipe